1. What books are on your nightstand?
I have a book on overcoming procrastination that I have never gotten around to reading. True story. The To Be Read List is long and varied, but next up is Salman Rushdie’s Quichotte: A Novel a modern retelling of Don Quixote.
2. What’s the last great book you read?
Reading but it is great George Saunders “Liberation Day: Stories”
3. What’s the most interesting thing you learned from a book recently?
I am currently listening to an audible book on Rev. Jim Jones and Peoples Temple church. Fascinating. Such an astounding manipulator.
4. Are there any classic novels that you only recently read for the first time?
Not recently. I have never read the Grapes of Wrath, and I think it is due.
5. Can a great book be badly written? What other criteria can overcome bad prose?
Sure. Confederacy of Dunces is considered a great book and a Pulitzer Prize winner but I don’t think of it as an especially well written book.