1. If you had the power to shut down a company for good, which company would it be?
Monsanto. A huge food conglomerate plays the game with severe trickery – GMOs, chemicals, and poisons. They indeed suck.
2. If you could ban one song from the airwaves, what would it be?
I have discussed McCartney’s “Wonderful Christmas Time,” but is just a seasonal ditty – I’ll allow it and reserve the right to change the channel instead. I am sure some highly offensive rap/hip-hop out there that I haven’t heard would certainly offend my small-town boy senses. but in the zone/genre I tend to rock to, which is classic /alternative rock, should that song just be banned?
“Indiana Wants Me,” Not because it is necessarily offensive but really just a stupid song. An entire state is chasing this guy across the country, and he is stopping to tell some girl he loves her. – get those priorities in order, dude.
3. If you could cancel one television show or moment from the airwaves, what would it be?
The Housewives genre of reality TV. I have watched exactly 15 minutes of one of those programs, and yes, had I the ability to cancel, I indeed would.
4. What movie should just not exist?
I am not a big horror movie fan, and that would be just fine if any of those were to disappear forever. I know I am generally in the minority here, but so be it – be gone, spook fest!
5. What typical American behavior should be banned outright?
The huge, huge, huge collections of guns. Go to the rural hinterlands of the fine nation, and many of the folks in those parts have these huge gun collections, which are just so unnecessary and stupid. There are about three guns for each person in the nation, but well over half the country doesn’t even own one. I am not anti-gun. Sure, go get yourself a rifle or a pistol, whatever. But do you really need five of of them? Six? Sever? dial it down a notch, there, Jethro
2 Replies to “The Friday Fives”
1) Tesla – A car company and one that isn’t really moving the needle of innovation. But more importantly, having money and being rich should not be grounds for anyone to care what you have to say. Elon Musk is a douche, and if there really is a “cancel” culture, he needs to be voted off the island.
2) Most of the pop music right now is autotune crap. Vote it all off the island.
3) The Will Smith slap. Again, having money and being a pop culture figure does not make anyone worthy of caring about. Vote Will off the island.
4) The Human Centipede series. I have watched them all and have had some good laughs rewatching them with newbies and the absolute disgust that comes from them. But, they really should exist. It is not pushing the boundary of film art. Human centipede films should not have been on the island, ever.
5) Entitlement – Thinking things should be a certain way in a world made up of chaos or thinking societal norms or laws don’t apply to a person, well you sons of bitch Americans are entitled and need a firm kick in the cajones as you are forced off the island.
1) Christian churches. Don’t even try to tell me those thriving fuckers aren’t a business!
2) Having been in the OR most of this week and being forced to endure what can only be described as mall Christmas music for 12-14 hours a day, Mariah Carey’s let them know it’s Christmas can go straight in the trash.
3) It ceased to be the learning channel the day they aired Honey Boo Boo and it’s been downhill ever since.
4) The Passion of The Christ, I’m becoming more and more anti religion as I see the damage it instigates.
5) Hoarding. The buying up of things that far away exceed the amount you could reasonably use. Listen fucker you don’t need 5 pallets of TP! If you do go to the doctor your broken!