1. Who surprises you the most at the fact that they are still alive?
Keith Richards. Man, oh man. At age 70 or so, he finally decided to stop drinking – but lordy, did he have along run.
2. Which words sound perfectly normal, but look really dumb spelled out?
Laugh, or any of the silent “GH” words. They all look so odd.
3. What is surprisingly NOT illegal in your country?
The ability to legally amass a huge personal arsenal of guns and ammo.
4. Without swearing, what is your favorite insult?
From years ago at a backyard barbeque, a friend once told someone, “I don’t know where you’re from, but here it is important for your story to have a point.” I have always loved that remark.
5. A dad used to tell his children that the noise produced from the fan above the stove came from a creature named Kitchen Willy who lived in the walls; what ridiculous creatures or ghosts did your parents convince you that you were living amongst?
We didn’t have any of those stories but in my adult years, we invented our little brother, Victor, who was raised in my parent’s crawl space and educated by my father in a strict parochial catechism including a full-on nun’s habit.