While we are all working through virus shit – staying home and stuff – we may find our selves starring at the tv or the laptop, tablet, phone.
What are 5 YouTube or Vimeo music videos, performances, docs that you have been watching as we are all hunkered down.
This kid- he is a young 20 year old wanna be rapper who has slowly realized that there is other music besides hip hop and rap. Watch as he and his twin brother revel in the genius of Phil Collins. His channel is pretty addictive:
2. And while we are on the subject of twins – check out these subway buskers who have mastered The Beatles:
1. What’s your favorite “go-to” comfort food? Macaroni and cheese. Steaming hot plate of cheesy chewy goo. My sister makes with Rotel tomatoes with habanero peppers and adds cream cheese along with cheddar and Velvetta. It rocks.
2. What is your favorite “go-to” comfort cocktail? The gin and tonic has been my go-to drink for years. Easy and peasy.
3. Is there a cocktail that in no way will every be crafted/consumed? From my bartender’s cocktail recipe cookbook with no cover or copyright page, I support the following: The Frostbite 1 1/4 ounce White Tequila 1/2 oz white creme de cocoa 1 tsp. honey 1 -2 dash bitters mix in a blender with ice and serve in a cocktail glass.
4. What would be the worst name for a Ben & Jerry’s ice cream flavor? “Toilet Funk and Nutz”
5. Earth is visited by curious aliens. What is the first food that should be introduced to and would represent the Earth? Single slice cheese pizza.
1. Where is the most beautiful nature in your area?
Tough question – I live in Colorado there is so much but there is a nice beautiful wilderness up near Crested Butte that has this spectacular meadow of wildflowers that will take your breath away.
2. Does your household grow some of its own food?
No. I am an apartment dweller with little to no southeast exposure so getting ample sun is difficult.
3. Do you recycle or repurpose a lot, a little, or somewhere in between?
I should recycle – I don’t. Again, as an apartment dweller the way to do it in my complex is not easy – it’s not like a house where you can wheel the recyclables to the curb for pick up. Maybe this will be a new “At Home” project to get better at this.
4. What do you think the most endangered part of the Earth is?
The oceans. The sea is the big band-aid that is supposed to balance out the environment and the atmosphere. When the band-aid is sick, we are all sick.
5. What is the single best way for an individual to help the environment?
Drive less. Take your tote bags to the grocery store and where available use renewable energy.
1. What is the single worst movie you sat through hoping it would get better but didn’t? The Abyss. We went to see it at “The Flicka” in Gunnison. Movies on the screen, movies to rent in racks in the lobby, and better than average bar food to take in with you to watch the flick. I took my parents, in town to visit their college-bound son. We ended up leaving in the middle. I have never left a movie in the middle while in the theater, The night` ended with some pie and maybe a milkshake.
2. What hit American tv show do you just not get the appeal of at all? Most competitive reality TV shows. I just don’t understand the appeal.
3. What was your favorite television show as a kid? Why? The Saturday night block – Carol Burnett Show – The Love Boat, then Fantasy Island. Classic must-see TV.
4. As a kid, did you get obsessed each fall over the Saturday morning network cartoon line up? Oh, yeah. There was usually a Friday night prime time special on the Saturday shows and we (my hood friends, Clancy and Greg and Jay and Rita and Julz) would watch and discuss. I remember getting excited about Lassie’s Rescue Rangers.
5. Add “and Hitler” to the end of the title of a book, movie, or TV show. What is it about now? “Blazing Saddles” The sheriff takes on the German dictator in a Wild West showdown.