A two-fer including last week’s.
Jun 20, 2003
1. Is your hair naturally curly, wavy, or straight? Long or short?
Curly and wavy
2. How has your hair changed over your lifetime?
I used to wear it all blow dried and discoey. I had it real short in the army years. My hairline won’t let it grow long.
3. How do your normally wear your hair?
A dab of hair wax and then slicked back with a part.
4. If you could change your hair this minute, what would it look like?
Cary Grant. Now that is a hairdo.
5. Ever had a hair disaster? What happened?
The year’s 1979 through 1982, also known as high school. I had to grapple with gels and blow dryers each morning and it didn’t go well.
Jun 27, 2003
1. How are you planning to spend the summer?
Job hunting? Polka lessons? Maybe I will join the professional rodeo circuit?
2. What was your first summer job?
Washing windows door to door with a friend.
3. If you could go anywhere this summer, where would you go?
I have a hankering for Vegas, baby.
4. What was your worst vacation ever?
The first trip to Spain while in the army. A bus tour with a ton of US soldiers on a hot cheap ass beach and staying in a terrible hotel with four of us in one room. That was some very poor planning. The second time was much, much better. On the other hand, Spain is very cool, if you can get past the annoying disco and tech music that is always playing all the time, everywhere. That is where the champagne and the Spanish wine comes in.
5. What was your best vacation ever?
A childhood trip to Disneyland and California comes to mind, as does a trip to Durango. Once, our family spent a week at the Hilton (now the Adams Mark) in Denver and did the tourist thing and didn’t tell any family or friends in Denver we were even in town. It was cool. But the best vacation was another trip while in the Army. My roommate and I went to Geneva. We drove from Stuttgart and took only back roads. We told everyone we were Canadian and talked with bad English accents and just had a great three day weekend. It was what a great American road trip was supposed to be, although it was in Switzerland. Go figure.