1. What is your New Year’s Eve/New Year’s Day tradition?
I am old. I don’t go out and revel in the New Year’s Eve. I leave that to the rookies. I watch the Rose Bowl parade with a glass of prosecco and make a big brunchy breakfast.
2. Do you make resolutions? If so, what is one you are going to focus on this year?
I am not a big resolutions person, but I intend to get on the exercise bike during these cold months to get in shape for my spring-fall bicycle commute and perhaps melt off an additional 15 lbs. The trick is to rise early in the morning and trot over to the gym in our complex when there are no crowds.
3. do you have any New Year’s memories as a kid?
Our town would open a fired hydrant flood the local city park, creating a skating rink and I remember many years of skating on New Year’s Day – I think it was my dad’s idea so he could sleep in after coming home late on New Year’s eve partying at the Elks Lodge.
4. It will soon be 2024 – what technology were we promised that never came to be?
I am still waiting for flying cars. My sister thinks it’s a bad idea as folks can’t drive as it is. And I also am waiting for the Star Trek transporter. That would be a huge game-changer.
5. It will soon be 2024 – what technology or trend just needs to go away?