1. What are we currently in the golden age of?
That’s a tough ask. It is almost like once you type out the answer, the golden age is over. But I am going to say medicine. We now have such amazing technology and solutions to so many diseases and health conditions that it is truly a golden age. In the next few decades, the only folks who won’t be able to benefit will be those stubborn folks who don’t seek medical health.
It would be helpful if we had free healthcare to match all the amazing science but baby steps – we will get there.
2. What is a part of history that we consider to be a fact that is actually 100% fake?
A lot of early American history lore – George Washington chopping down a cherry tree is a totally made-up story that is regarded as a fact.
3. You just won a billion dollars; what are you still not buying?
A luxury yacht. I will never need/want to live on/own a luxury yacht. With that kind of money, I would just rent one for a spell if the urge hits.
4. What is the dumbest thing you explained to a coworker or classmate?
Keyboard shortcuts for cut, copy, paste, and undo.
5. What’s the deepest internet rabbit hole you fell into?
Just this week, I fell down a YouTube rabbit hole following a trail of breadcrumbs about Leonard Bernstein. A fascinating man.
One Reply to “The Friday Fives”
1) Home T.V. Viewing choices. There are so many different platforms and far too many fantastic shows, movies and limited series out that it’s nearly impossible to keep up with them. It is the new adulthood, you meet a friend and chat they tell you a show you need to watch and the requisite reply is, “yeah, I’ll add it to my must watch list.”
2) Napoleon was short. This is false., he was measured in French inches, which were longer than English inches. Bonaparte is listed at 5’2”, he was actually closer to 5’7”.
3) Anything from Home Depot. That place can go fuck itself. Oh and I agree with Roy I’m not buying a Lear jet I’ll charter.
4) Had to explain that anything multiplied by zero is Zero! They could not grasp this and it nearly made my head explode.
5) recently I discovered this fucking guy, and yeah I sent several days free time going along with his wild ride.