1. What song is your soundtrack of the 1980s
“Man Out of Time” by Elvis Costello. I listened to lots and lots of Elvis in the ’80s. I was way into Elvis before Springsteen, even.
2. What song is your soundtrack of the 1990s
“I Am Trying To Break Your Heart” by Wilco Wilco spun around my brain a lot in the 1990s, more perhaps than Springsteen.
3. What song is your soundtrack of the 2000s
“The Wish” by Bruce Springsteen. Technically, the “Tracks” box set came out in 1999, but I didn’t buy it until 2000, and it reignited my Springsteen love for many, many years. He is the poet and spirit of everyman.
4. What song is your soundtrack of the 2010s
“The ’59 Sound” – The Gaslight Anthem. In the 2010s, I joined Pandora and then Spotify, and through those music streamers discovered a lot of different music.
5. What song is your soundtrack of your life, year to date?
“Zip a Dee Doh Day” = by James Baskett from the film “Song Of The South” (A terrible film but a great soundtrack). Life has generally been good for me, and this song is about being happy.
One Reply to “The Friday Fives”
1) Bela Lugosi’s Dead – Bauhaus
2) Bittersweet – Big Head Todd and the Monsters
3) Season of Love (525,600 minutes Rent the Soundtrack)
4) True Companion – Marc Cohn
5) If I had a Million Dollars – Barenaked Ladies