1. What jobs/careers are on the verge of extinction?
Public transit drivers and truck drivers. We are about five to eight years out from safe, effective auto-driving vehicles.
2. How do you find your phone other than calling it and retracing steps?
Google/Android has a great Find my Phone App that runs off a browser or tablet and rings the phone even if it is set on vibrate or silent. It works great. I left my phone once in a Uber and use the app to call, and the driver found it, answered, and brought it to me. He got a big tip!
3. What is something you buy that MUST be a brand name?
Heinze Ketchup. I have tried others, but they do it right at Heinze.
4. What’s a movie that can be identified by one quote?
Here’s looking’ at you, kid. (“Casablanca”)
5. What was the toy you wanted as a kid but never got?
Legos. My parents would pony up for them. Back in the middle 60s and early 70s, these now ubiquitous toys were hard to find and expensive in rural Colorado.
2 Replies to “The Friday Fives”
1) Radio DJs. Music playing hosts are just not a thing at all anywhere anymore.
2) I do call it, but usually keep my phone on silent. I am now going to instal the find my phone app Roy described…or was he phishng to steal my identity with said app?
3) Lea & Perrins worcestershire sauce, all the others are watery and not fit for human consumption.
4) “I want an Official Red Ryder carbine action two-hundred shot range model air rifle.”
5) An Official Red Ryder carbine action two-hundred shot range model air rifle.
1) Grocery store checkers. The selve yourself line is slowly eliminating their need.
2) Umm I don’t lose things. So I know where my phone is.
3) Advil. The generic sux.
4) Were gonna need a bigger boat.
5) Whatever that years video game console was. I never got it, mom hated me being in front of the tv playing video games. It’s her fault I’m not a multimillionaire playing COD in some sort of E-league.