1. If sports were all erased from our memory, which sport do you think would be rediscovered first?
MMA fighting – violence is, unfortunately, at the root of the human core. Punching one another competitively would be the first to come back.
2. What is your favorite sports-themed movie?
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
3. The World Cup is right around the corner. Will you be watching?
I am going to try. I’m not a huge fan of Qatar, but during the whole pandemic and quarantine times, I watched a lot of soccer and have gotten pretty good at following the game and understanding what is going on on the pitch. Plus, as we have learned from Ted Lasso – “Football Is Life!”
4. What was the first organized sport you remember playing?
It is hazy, but I think it was Punt, Pass, and Kick with coach (and former hometown Sheriff) Jeff Corriveau.
5. Who would win between 50 unarmed adult humans vs 1 gorilla?
Never underestimate the power of the mighty ape!
2 Replies to “Friday Fives”
1) The ancient olympic sports like javelin and discus.
2) I do love the Disney underdog sports movies, Miracle, The Rookie and such.
3) Nope, unless AFC Richmond is playing and the Diamond Dogs are on the sidelines.
4) Little League Baseball. Lots of years.
5) Puny humans do not stand a chance, as there would be division and infighting with little to no cohesive attack plan. Gorilla wins.
1) Basic stuff like running and jumping.
2) Hockey – Slap Shot
Football – The Program
Baseball – Bull Durham
Golf – Happy Gilmore
Soccer – Victory
Pool – The Color of Money
3) No plans to.
5) The gorilla would rip off the arms of a couple of the people and then beat the rest of them with blood splashing everywhere.