1. What’s an underrated album by a really big artist?
“Ghost of Old Tom Joad” by Bruce. An acoustic folk album. It is so great.
2. If you had to wear one band t-shirt for the rest of your life, which one would it be?
My John Prine concert tour shirt. I love me some Prine.
3. What’s the best use of music in a film or TV show scene?
“Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)” b Kenny Rogers and the New Edition in the dream sequence of “The Big Lebowski.
4. What discontinued thing do you really want to be brought back?
The Kitchen wall phone. It really kept the entire household together. My mother could have coordinated the invasion on Normandy with this phone and her address book. She didn’t need no stinkin’ smartphone.
5. What band or artist do you feel is massively underrated?
“Exile On Main St.” by The Rolling Stones. Panned by the critics it is a rock and roll gem.
(questions via @ThatEricAlper)