1. Are you following the public hearings on January 6?
I wasn’t going to but I got sucked in and was riveting last night. That Lyn Cheney really doesn’t care for Donald Trump. And I am obsessed with stories like this. I have read a number of books about Watergate and have been sucked into Gaslit, the dramatized story of Watergate with Julia Roberts and Sean Penn – so great television and so the hearings are just the sequel really. To know how close the country came to a democratic collapse is still so baffling. I remember January 6. I was working from home that day and was gripped in front of the television watching this unfold and now knowing what is in the wrinkles is chilling.
2. Are US politics irrevocably broken?
As long as we remain wedded to the two-party system and first past the poll balloting, yes. And social media, reality TV, and the addiction to instant justice and impatience of modern society are part of the cause as well.
3. What’s a better way to elect a president?
A game of Twister – those fat old white men trying to get to Right Foot Blue would be solidly entertaining.
4. Should we instead be led by a queen?
Why not – all the pomp and ceremony and family drama. And tiaras. Everyone loves tiaras.
5. Should there be an age limit placed on the US presidency and US Federal judges and supreme court justices?
Yes. ’nuff said.