1. What’s the weirdest rule you had in your home growing up?
Not weird, perhaps, but a firm rule – be home for dinner by 6:30 and come in for the evening when the street lights go on (a mostly summer rule as we tended to run wild through the neighborhood in our small town as kids.)
2. What is a handy appliance in your home as a child that doesn’t appear in homes anymore?
The kitchen telephone on the wall with the 25-foot cord that could reach over most of the kitchen and the dining room. Also the phonebook.
3. If the world had to return to just 3 television networks again – what shows on today would still be a hit?
Any one of the cop shows – I’ll go with “The FBI”
Any one of the medical shows. I’ll go with “Chicago Med”
Any one of the reality singing shows. I’ll go with “The Masked Singer.”
4. What behemoth of a Detroit auto was your family car when you were growing up?
We had this huge, huge, huge 1972 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale with a Rocket 455 HP engine. A literal couch on wheels. About 9 MPG.
5. What was your go-to childhood snack/drink?
Bagel pizzas with pepperoni that I made in the toaster and grape juice. Pure after school contentment.