April is nearly over and we are tumbling toward May and soon it will be the season of graduating. It seems like every class has graduations going on now, so how about you
1. Did you enjoy your senior year of high school?
Yeah. It was pretty great. We had a brand spanking new shiny high school. I was rocking it in speech and debate. I had an unofficial role as the official school MC for most assemblies and two independent studies with no real classwork expectations. Pretty fun.
2. Did you have a senior trip (high school) and were you able to go on it.
No. But in a rural area high school, all of our competitions were miles and miles away so lots of bus trips to Grand Junction, Gunnison, Aspen, Denver, Utah and beyond. In my freshman year, our band took a huge trip to the Portland Rose Festival via a convoy of school buses.
3. Was graduating (from either high school or college/university) a big thing with your family or just another day?
I was the first member of my family to graduate from college. It was a big deal for grandparents and parents.
4. What were you looking forward to the most after graduating from either high school or college/university?
I was fortunate to have a job at a newspaper right out of college and I was looking forward to that opportunity.
5. Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your graduating self?
Pay more attention in high school to writing and English classes. The math was not too important after all.