1. What is a filthy business tactic you know that everyone should be aware of?
Union busting and the assault on the American labor force. There are so many myths about union labor that aren’t true at all and created by greedy Chamber of Commerce folks to make it easier to line their pockets. Union labor built the middle class of this nation. That and never pay extra for sprinkles on ice cream – that’s a filthy business tactic.
2. What is unethical as fuck, but is extremely common practice in the business world?
Tacking on lots and lots and lots of extra business fees. (This question is an awful lot like the one above.)
3. What has been the best corporate Darwin Award? A decision made by a company that basically killed the business.
The Walmart/Vlassic pickle affair wherein Walmart put so many requirements on to Vlassic to supply them pickles that they ran the company into bankruptcy trying to compete.
4. What companies make you wonder ‘how are they still in business’?
Sears/Kmart. It’s a mystery. Maybe more of a regional thing but in the Denver neck of the woods, I don’t know anyone who goes to those stores.
5. What company has forever won your business?
Amazon. They are huge, yes and attacked for ruining brick and mortar stores – perhaps. But their customer service is amazing, simply amazing and reliable.