Please place your caption in the comments.
Please place your caption in the comments.
1. Do you like traveling or are you counting the minutes until the transporter is perfected?
Yes, but saying that I rarely do it. I agree with the premise of the question – if the transporter were ever invented, I would certainly be inclined to lots more instant travel.
2. If you could visit any country in the world right now, where would you go?
I want to go to either Finland (for no reason I can really call upon, perhaps the amazing scenery) and/or Tokyo, Japan, because that place is just so darn weird.
3. What is your favorite form of travel?
I love driving and I am a very patient driving. I also like flying and in a weird way, I also like airports, which is odd because they aren’t really created to be enjoyed so much as utilitarian.
4. What is the longest vacation/holiday that you’ve ever been on?
As a child, we took a weeklong drive across the midwest to see some friends in Minnesota. As a grown up, it was probably a four-day trip I took to the coast of Spain while I was stationed in Germany.
5. Would you travel for a living?
I thought about it and I have taken a few business trips but I think the luster would be gone if I had to do it a lot. I have a friend who travels almost every week and watching her comings and goings on Facebook is exhausting.
1. Someone brings you a box full of everything you have ever lost, but you can only take three items. What do you take?
1. My class ring (It was lost somewhere in my mother’s car so many years ago)
2. My Army ID card. It was in a scrapbook and probably fell out during a move somewhere.)
3. My original GI Joe.
2. The last thing you purchased is now illegal to own. What is it?
Beer! For God’s sake people, don’t make it so.
3. What is the best accent and why?
British, and perhaps Cuban. Sultry all around.
4. You are thrown back in time 200 years, and need to prove the local authorities that you are highly educated. What do you do?
5. What is the best thing you have seen thrown out
1. What’s a little daily annoyance you wish science would have solved by now?
A universal remote that is really universal – works on ALL your appliances, your car, the door to your house, your garage. Make it a phone app and carry it with you everywhere – Bang! I just invented the modern day tricorder.
2. What’s your best eavesdropping story?
Wheww. So many. Sitting at a tavern bar and listening into conversations can be quite entertaining. I overheard a grouchy patron (Father Angelo is his code name) denouncing the guy who got kicked off the United plane. He said, “That Vietnamese loser Dr., they should have waited until the plane was in the air to kick him out.” His wife was with him and she was a bit shocked at the venom. But then again, I have never seen that many happy.
3. What small items make a camping/tailgating/picnicking experience much better?
A rug, mat on the floor of your tent or your picnic area can really raise the comfort level to that of civilized.
4. What is the longest amount of time you’ve stayed awake?
In the army once, during an operation/maneuver drill, I was up for nearly 30 hours and still driving down the autobahn. Those officers I was hauling around were rightly quite concerned.
5. What do you think happened when you see one shoe on the road?
I usually assume it was lost during someone moving between homes or apartments. But I do enjoy playing a more creative back story game. For fun, go to twitter and follow Tom Hanks – he posts pictures of single shoes or gloves that he comes upon (as well as odd cars that he claims he just bought ) It is actually a pretty funny follow.
It’s Spring, what’s your thing?
1.Spring cleaning – got a big cleaning coming up? Any cleaning you do seasonally?
Lots of big cleaning coming up. I have two piles going, one for the thrift store, one to take out to the garage for storage. I think a big move of some sort is in the future so I am working on jettisoning cargo.
2. Baseball – juiced up overpaid meatheads? Or, America’s past time?
Certainly my past time. I enjoy watching baseball on television. Some people say that baseball was invented as a way to enjoy HDTV (Well not really people say, so much as I say.) Much like knowing the ins and outs of football (coverage, defensive plays, time clock management and all of that), baseball has a strategy and a pace all its own. Why did he use that pitch, how is the batter going to bunt, wasn’t that an athletic play out in left field. Its all in the game. And in our instant gratification world where we must have constant affirmation of our interests at all times, there is a peaceful and bucolic bliss in watching a baseball game.
3. Council of Nicea – a unifying summit of godly goodness? Or the greatest cover-up of all time? Defend your answers, and show your work.
I barely know what this is but I think it had something to do with the beginning of the Christian church.
4. Jesus – God’s resurrected son who walked out of that crypt, or charismatic leader and mortal who sadly did die that day on the cross?
I am a spiritual person, but really a religious person. I like the whole idea of Christianity but the way they are playing the modern game, I think most adherents have missed the message. There is some beautiful wisdom in the teachings of Christ, and of Buddha and of Muhammed – the path I walk is to take the best of all of these words and live a good life.
5 Tony Romo- was he great? Could he have been? Would you keep him, if you knew you could protect him?
Let him go. Denver does not need another geriatric used quarterback. Lono is obsessed with Romo thing. I am starting to worry.