Please place your caption in the comments.
Please place your caption in the comments.
1. What foods are just delivery systems for other foods?
Almond milk. Its main job is to give me morning cereal. Also rice – its main job is to give me sushi
2. What’s your favorite alcoholic beverage?
Gin & Tonic :
1 & 1/2 ounces of Gin
A cocktail glass filled with ice
one slice of lime
top with tonic (I prefer Q but I usually use Sodastream diet tonic cuz it’s so much cheaper.)
Next step: World peace.
3. What’s a food that tastes better when it’s a little burnt?
Oven broiled, heavily buttered Texas Toast
4. How do you subtly fuck with people for your own enjoyment?
I like to use lots of big fancy “New York Times Crossword Puzzle” words when talking to co-workers. They are often vocabulary mystified.
5. What is the scariest, most terrifying thing that actually exists?
Thermo-Nuclear missiles. (Do yourself a favor and go read up on Richard Feinman. He will set you straight on how bad these things are in the modern age. Hiroshima is nothing compared to what they can do now.)
1. Do you believe in fate?
Not really, no. I am not a big believer in magical things as such and instead we all are just to go with the flow.
2. If Karma was to visit you now, would it be kind or kick you in the butt?
KInd – I am decent human and nice to other cars in traffic and I smile at strangers and look them in the eye – what more can I do. (Also, see above – there really is no such thing,)
3. Do you believe you have lived another life previous to this one?
No. And there isn’t one on the other end of this life either. (See answer 1 above)
4. What do you believe in with an unshakable resolve?
Laughter is the most important medicine.
5. What one factor influences your life the most?
Always avoid activities, events or items that might leave a mark.
1. What’s your most recent earworm stuck in your noggin?
I have some old soft rock ditty “You Are The Woman” by Denver’s own Firefall stuck in my head and I don’t know the words very well at all. But, hey. It it has some sweet Rock Flute ™.
2. What’s your newest favorite band/performer?
Spotify has turned me on to an Edmonton, Ont rapper named Cadence Weapon – and I jam to him a lot lately. (Who knew I had the hip hops in me?)
3. Spotify/Pandora/Tidal/Radio – where do the tunes come from?
During the day I generally bounce between SiriusXM and Spotity put I keep Pandora loaded because I have a couple of great playlists curated over there, but I am drifting away from Pandora over time. Tidal looks promising (loseless streaming music) but it is pricey, so I will pass – sorry Jay-Z.
4. Do you have a favorite live performance found on the You Tubes?
There are lots of late night television live performances. It is fun to search for Letterman and then add a band/performer and you will usually find a great performance.
5. Have you ever written a song?
Not full fledged song. I barely remember how to ready music.
1. After your first language, what language would you most like to learn? (Say the first language too)
After English, there was French. I studied French in college and would like to be better at it. Maybe I’ll take it up as a mid-life endeavor.
2. Does your country have a second language? What is it?
Not officially, but I suppose you could say Spanish is the second language.
3. How many languages can you count to 5 in? To 10 in? List them.
4. What is the first overseas country you visited? And from where? (ie/ Timbuktu to Mars)
Germany, from Denver. Thanks, Uncle Sam.
5. What country do you most want to visit? And why?
One of the Scandinavias and Vietnam.
1. What food is delicious but a pain to eat?
Crab legs. So yummy but a real pain in the ass to get out of the shells. But oh, the butter. I am hungry thinking about it.
2. What’s the easiest meal you know how to cook?
Basted fried eggs and toast for breakfast. From refrigerator to table in about 3 minutes. So easy.
3. What is the most difficult meal you have prepared?
I tried creating an authentic Indian curry base and it took hours to cook everything down.
4. What food or drink can you almost not comprehend other people actually like?
Having been basically meat free (with a few seafood and fish exceptions) I can see myself returning to most meats – I shudder at the thought of chicken wings and chicken thighs.
5. What is the “white chocolate is not real chocolate” of other foods?
Imitation Crabmeat – usually white fish or a blend of white fish and crab – still good but not what it pretends to be.